Marketing and Communications Intern
Seeking a volunteer Marketing and Communications intern to manage multiple social media platforms, do special event marketing and assist with a website upgrade. The position would encompass social media and communications/marketing work for Westside Food Bank in general, and our 25th Annual 5K Hunger Walk and other events. You would be working mainly at the Westside Food Bank office, though some work might be able to be done from home, and some work will happen in various locations throughout Los Angeles as needed.
We are looking for someone who can be nimble, is able to prioritize, is a self starter and is reliable. The ideal candidate will have experience creating and managing social media platforms as well as other marketing materials. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of your work, and at the end, have specific and tangible results and projects you can take credit for. You will be invited to attend board meetings as well as other association meetings among food banks and other non-profit organizations. We will provide industry-specific training as needed and opportunities for professional development, networking and exposure to the wider non-profit field.
- Strong computer skills using a PC - Microsoft Office, Extensive Technical Knowledge of Social Media Platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest plus Hootsuite, etc., a plus but not required.
- Creativity and Innovation
- Research and Fact Checking
- Friendly personality and great phone skills.
- Self starter - someone who can take initiative, work independently and is also unafraid to ask questions as needed.
- Organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Flexible Schedule and your own vehicle a plus.
Bonus Skills: (Desired but not required):
- Graphic Design using Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Prior experience with Joomla and HTML
- Video Editing
Minimum of three months, ideally candidate would be available now through mid-July 2015. Schedule can be very flexible, about 5-8 hours a week.
Send resume and cover letter to: Genevieve Riutort, Chief Development Officer. No phone calls please.